Be a mentor, lead a class, teach a craft, prepare a meal, rock a baby, tutor a child, help in the office, donate professional services, or just join us for a cup of coffee and conversation. Your hospitality will make our families feel welcome!
- Can your group or organization make a commitment to staff Julia’s Place, a night shelter for 6 families, one week, four times a year? Contact us for more info.
- Get a group together and volunteer to work alongside our kitchen staff to prepare dinner for all of our shelters
- Assist with housing and job searches or help write resumes
- Organize a Day of Beauty: bring in nail polish, lotions, makeup and provide our guests the opportunity for some self-care
- Host a Party with a Purpose. Introduce your friends to Mary’s Place by hosting a Lingerie Party (everyone brings new lingerie basics to donate to the women of Mary’s Place), a Cosmetics/Toiletries party, a Diaper Drive, or just an information coffee or Happy Hour.
- Form a Club! Baby care Club, Salad Fixings Club, Condiments Club, Book Club, Cold Club, Homework Helper Club!
- Rent a Karaoke machine and bring in for a song and dance party
- Are you an actor? Bring in a play or a musical
- Plan a craft or a science experiment, bring in supplies and create fun with our kids, adults, or both!
- Have a play date or a sports clinic at a local park – plan a picnic or barbecue and invite our guests
- Organize and help out in Mary’s Marketplace, or help sort donations
- Bring in a birthday party to celebrate a month of birthdays
- Start a monthly or weekly math, science, art, or other fun club
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.