Be a mentor, lead a class, teach a craft, rock a baby, help with homework, assist in the office, donate professional services, or just join us for a cup of coffee and conversation. Your hospitality will make our families feel welcome!
- Get a group together and volunteer to work alongside our kitchen staff to prepare dinner for all of our shelters
- Assist with housing and job searches or help write resumes
- Organize a Day of Beauty: bring in nail polish, lotions, makeup and provide our guests the opportunity for some self-care
- Host a Party with a Purpose. Introduce your friends to Mary’s Place by hosting a Lingerie Party (everyone brings new lingerie basics to donate to the women of Mary’s Place), a Cosmetics/Toiletries party, a Diaper Drive, or just an information coffee or Happy Hour.
- Form a Club! Baby care Club, Salad Fixings Club, Condiments Club, Book Club, Cold Club, Homework Helper Club!
- Rent a Karaoke machine and bring in for a song and dance party
- Are you an actor? Bring in a play or a musical
- Plan a craft or a science experiment, bring in supplies and create fun with our kids, adults, or both!
- Have a play date or a sports clinic at a local park – plan a picnic or barbecue and invite our guests
- Organize and help out in Mary’s Marketplace, or help sort donations
- Bring in a birthday party to celebrate a month of birthdays
- Start a monthly or weekly math, science, art, or other fun club
- Make housewarming baskets for families getting a new home
Contact us to schedule a day and a time for your group to come volunteer at one our sites -with one of these ideas, or your own! Here’s the Mary’s Place Event and Drive Toolkit for our logo and brand elements, as well as some tips and tricks!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.