Our Wish List
Below are items we need and accept, we also have Amazon Wish Lists that make it easy for you to send items to us directly. Check our main Wish List that includes needs at all our shelters.
- Maternity Clothes
- Twin Blankets
- NEW Underwear (all sizes and genders)
- Baby Formula
- Stroller Covers
- Underwear and bras desperately needed (especially larger women’s sizes)
- Season Appropriate Clothing and Coats
- Children’s clothing (especially teen boys!)
- Maternity Clothes
- Lysol Wipes
- Dish Soap
- Paper Towels
- Health care: dentist or dental hygienists, optometrists, podiatrists, nurses, nurse practitioners, chiropractors, massage therapists
- Plumbers, Electricians, Carpenters
- Pain relievers (Ibuprofen, Aspirin)
- Cough drops
- Vitamin C, Multi-Vitamins, Vitamin D, Fish Oil Capsules
- Saline Nose Spray
- Eye drops, Liquid tears
- Topical Antibiotic Ointments (like Neosporin or PolySporin)
- Dandruff Shampoos
- Anti-Fungal Foot Cream (like Lamsil)
- Denture Adhesive
- Denture Cleaner
- Topical Tooth or Gum Numbing Gel
- Ace bandages, first aid
- Hydrocortisone Ointment
- Sudafed PE, Benadryl 25mg
- Hemorrhoid cream
- $10 gift cards to Wal-mart, Target, K-mart, Fred Meyer or QFC for low cost, generic drugs; larger amounts for our nursing office to purchase medical supplies and medications
- Toothpaste – Personal Size
- Deodorant – Travel Size
- Hair Brushes, Large Combs, & Picks
- Shampoo, hair care products
- Tissue packages
- Nail clippers
- Nail polish and remover
- Diapers (high demand for sizes 4 & 5), baby wipes, pull-ups
- Baby formula
- Bottles, sippy cups, bibs
- Diaper Genies
- Baby soap/shampoo, etc.
- Diaper Rash ointment
- Character band-aids
- Foldable Play ‘n Paks
- Diaper Bags
Mary’s Marketplace Items
- Nail polish
- Make up
- Snack items: chocolate bars, microwave popcorn, granola bars, etc.
- Hair clips, bows
- Travel mugs
- Blankets, towels, sheets (twin size!)
- Electric Fans
- Reading glasses (all magnifications)
- Metro Bus Tickets ($.50, $1.75 or $2.00)
- Backpacks-Tote Bags-Fanny Packs
- Reusable Grocery Bags
- Books (published after 2014)
- Children’s Books – any children’s/young adult books with a publication date after 2014 and we particularly appreciate any books featuring characters and themes that are historically underrepresented in children’s books and reflect the population we serve (diverse ethnic & socioeconomic narrative settings, immigrants, nontraditional family units, etc).
Mary’s Place will no longer accept donations of food that is unpackaged or not prepared in a commercial kitchen by permitted food handlers. Donations of food that is in unopened, original packaging can still be accepted.
We are so grateful to the groups and individuals who have come to our aid over the years to provide delicious home-cooked meals. We continue to need volunteers to help in our kitchens:
· Mary ’s Place prepares nearly 1,000 meals every day for our shelter sites and Day Center, and we need lots of help! Groups and individuals are invited to join our staff and interns to help prepare meals in the commercial kitchen.
· There are many opportunities for groups who want to go the extra mile and provide a unique experience for our families. We would love to co-create an event that meets your organization’s community service goal. Please email email@example.com for more information!
Items that we are NOT able to accept
- Monetary donations cannot be accepted at shelters, please click here to donate online.
- Out of season clothing
- Expired or opened medicine or food
- Torn, dirty, or unwearable clothing
- Used car seats
- Hardback books
- Breast pumps
- VHS tapes
- TechReuse is a recommended refurbishment/recycling option where you can donate the credit received for your devices to Mary’s Place!
- Desktop computers, monitors, or printers
- Older televisions (flat screen only)
- Furniture of any kind – Due to limited storage we are unable to accept furniture, but the following partner agencies make sure our guests have access to furniture when they get keys to their forever homes (please call first to be sure that the agency will accept your item, for example, many do not accept mattresses):
St. Francis House 169 12th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122 – 206-621-0945
Goodwill 1400 S Lane St, Seattle, WA 98144 – 206-860-5711
Desert Industries 17935 Aurora Ave N, Shoreline, WA 98133 – 206-542-9447
St. Vincent De Paul 13555 Aurora Ave N, Seattle, WA 98133 – 206-364-8495
Our Community Partners
We believe in the power of sharing with our partners to strengthen our community! Our partners at Goodwill, Westside Baby, Birthday Dreams, and the Union Gospel Mission provide important, life-saving services for vulnerable families.
We have limited space and are not always able to use all of the items donated by our generous community. When that happens, we are fortunate to be able to share some of those items with our partners. For instance, in return for donations that we share with Goodwill, we receive gift cards for household items that we can provide to our families when they move into their new home. Our friends at Westside Baby inspect used car seats that we receive to ensure their safety, and we share baby items we receive with them for the vulnerable families that they serve. Union Gospel Mission has a greater population of men staying in their shelters than we do, so we share some men’s clothing and they send us children’s items they receive.
Thank you for your generous donations! We wanted you to know that when we are not able to use all of them, they are going to help others in our community!